Research Assistant («Ingénieur d’Etude») specialised in the microscopy facility
- Institut Curie, Paris, France
Description: In the context of the creation of a new Pole for Developmental Biology, the Research Section of the Institut Curie in Paris, France, is recruiting a Research Assistant («Ingénieur d’Etude») specialised in the microscopy facility. The research assistant will be in charge of setting up and running the microscopy facility within the Developmental Biology Unit.
- Setting up, optimisation and fine-tuning of microscopy / imaging equipment within the facility;
- Provide technical advice on experiments involving imaging;
- Organise and manage time-tables for use and maintenance of the equipment within this facility;
- Organise, manage and coordinate maintenance and repair operations for the facility by the relevant providers both internally and externally;
- Organise the technical, administrative and financial management for some or all of the equipment in this facility;
- Train and inform people on the use of the equipment in this facility and on the rules for safe and efficient working practice.
Qualifications: Research Assistant / Engineer (Ingénieur d’étude. At least one or two years of work experience in a similar context (ie microscopy facility) required.
- Requires thorough knowledge (theoretical and practical) of wide-field and confocal microscopy
- Enjoy team work in a multidisciplinary context
- Adequate spoken and written technical English
Salary Details: annual gross salary between 24 and 30 K€
More Information: Institute Curie Website
Closing Date: Check with institute