Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Epigenetics
- Ontario Institute of Cancer Research, Toronto, Canada
Description: The lab of Nizar Batada at Ontario Institute of Cancer Research (OICR) has an opening for a Postdoctoral fellow in Computational Epigenetics. Our lab is part of the OICR's Genomics Platform which has ten next generation sequencers. We are in midst of generating massive amounts of sequencing data on DNA methylation, histone modification, transcript abundance, splice isoforms and noncoding RNAs in stem cells and cancer tissues and are in need of bioinformatic analysis of this data. Questions of interest include the following:
- Analysis of human and mouse epigenomes;
- Identification of epigenetically labile genes;
- relating epigenetic modification patterns to gene expression;
- Understanding the genomic basis of stem cell pluripotency;
- Identification of aberrant epigenetic modification in cancer.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a PhD in computational biology/bioinformatics with interests in genetics and epigenetics. Working knowledge of bioinformatics, statistical methods and basic programming (python or perl, matlab or R etc).
Salary Details: 45K
Application Details: Send CV plus a half page description of the type of research questions you are interested in and your career goals to Dr. Nizar Batada. Two references will be requested from short-listed applicants.
Contact: Dr. Nizar Batada
More Information: Dr. Nizar Batada
Closing Date: Check with institute