PhD or Post-Doctoral Fellow in Bioinformatic
- Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Description: One Position is available to a highly motivated scientist who will be working as part of a team, composed of both bioinformaticians and molecular biologists.
The successful candidate will get training in the lab of Vladimir Kuznetsov (BII, Singapore), and will be in charge of analyzing the data generated by the “chromatin, epigenetics and differentiation” group, led by Ernesto Guccione (IMCB).
The candidate has to understand both computational analysis methods and the biological questions they're meant to answer.
He/She will be asked to manage and integrate data generated by the Illumina/Solexa ultrahigh-throughput DNA sequencing instrument, by mRNA expression arrays (Affimetrix) and by Real-Time PCRs, and to actively participate in the thinking through of the experimental design.
In our lab we study chromatin dynamics, with a particular focus on Arginine and Lysine Methylation.
- Myc-binding-site recognition in the human genome is determined by chromatin context. Nature Cell Biology 8, 764-770 (2006).
- Methylation of histone H3R2 by PRMT6 and H3K4 by an MLL complex are mutually exclusive. Nature 449, 933-937 (2007).
- investigate the role of Arginine- and Lysine-Methyltransferases in shaping of epigenetic landscapes and cellular identity, and
- assess the role of these enzymes in epigenetic deregulation linked to cancer.
Qualifications: Strong background in Genomics, Statistics or Computational Science is mandatory. Background in the study of epigenetic mechanisms of gene regulation, chromatin structure and/or transcription is appreciated
Salary Details: The stipend allows for comfortable living in Singapore. The exact amount depends on the applicant’s experience.
Application Details: Positions are available from September 2008. Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send CV, a statement of research interests, names and e-mail addresses of referees to Ernesto Guccione (see contact link below).
Contact: Ernesto Guccione
More Information: Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
Closing Date: Check with institute